.LRN provides a comprehensive suite of collaboration tools, a flexible toolset for innovation, and an enterprise-class infrastructure for scalable deployment.
.LRN is a full-featured application for rapidly developing web-based learning communities. Out of the box, .LRN comes with the following applications (click to see some screenshots and videos).
|E-Mail/Bulk mail||LORS Central|
|.LRN e-commerce||Project Manager|
|Homework Dropbox||Staff List|
|Edit this page||Survey|
|Expenses Tracking||User Tracking|
|File Storage||Slide presentations|
- Instructors can administer "classes" or "communities", customising the layout, choosing the language, and setting the timezone for their class, as well as adding custom portlets if desired.
- Classes and Communities can be created by administrators who can select whether the policy to join them is closed, open or requires approval.
- Different roles are supported for .LRN Classes, such as students, professors and administrative staff.
- Different roles are supported for .LRN Communities, such as administrators and members
- Individual users can personalize their own personal portal layout, customising the layout, choosing their preferred language and chaning their current timezone as required (useful for users who travel and want to keep their schedule to date).
- .LRN provides a variety of default applications that can be used in Classes and Communities, such as: attachments, bulk-mail, calendar, faq, file-storage, forums, general-comments and news.
- Additional functionalities have been contributed back, such as the ones from Aula Virtual contributed by UV.
.LRN has been internationalized to support multiple languages, dialects and timezones. Languages are constantly being added and you can view the current list of supported languages.
If your language (or the language you are teaching) is not offered, why not add it yourself using a simple online distributed translation interface built into .LRN.